Happy Easter, friends!
When I was 7 years old, our house caught fire. It was the Saturday morning before Easter. My 2 younger sisters and I were still in our pajamas watching Saturday cartoons. When the fire was over, we literally only had the clothes on our backs, the car, and the photo albums my mom grabbed on the way out the door. My Sunday School teacher heard about the fire and took us to the Salvation Army to get clothing we could immediately change into. We spent that night with my parents' friends. They colored Easter eggs with us that night. Mom and Dad bought us new Easter outfits. My sisters and I woke up that Easter morning to new Easter clothes, full Easter baskets, and life seemed like everything was ok.
Once in a while, a family goes through something hard. Those of us who are able need to be there to support them just a little. This spring, I invite you to join me and the team as we commit to loving people just a little bit more and making a difference for the people who need us.
It's great to live and work in Clermont. We really are here to serve you.
HOME-SELLING TIP When a buyer's offer is accepted by a seller, the buyer has 2 calendar days to deliver their escrow deposit to the title company, If that deadline is missed, the seller can void the contract.
Your Local Market Update
(Data gathered 3/30/2018)
It's hard to believe that February is gone and March is upon us. We're almost through with the first quarter of 2018!
I am noticing the traffic in Clermont is heavier than it's ever been. The amount of new construction development that has come to our city over the last several years is making a noticeable difference in the traffic load and this is going to continue.
The 2000 U.S. Census recorded Clermont as having a population of 9,333 and there were only 3,995 households. The average real estate taxes were $1,100 and the average home value was only $113,700. Today, 18 years later, we are the largest city in Lake County, we have a population close to 40,000 people, and we have new construction happening on every side of our city.
Many of you who are reading this are people like me: you moved here, you aren't from here, and you are part of the growth that Clermont is experiencing. If you know of someone who is considering moving to Clermont, building a new home, or who just wants to improve their life by living in Clermont like we do, please put them in contact with us. We would absolutely love to serve them and help them fall in love with our growing city the way we all love it.
HOME-SELLING TIP The Florida AS IS contract allows for an Inspection Period for the buyers to "inspect" the home. Many buyers hire a professional, but there is no law requiring that. The Buyer may withdraw from the contract at any time during the inspection period with no penalty.
Your Local Market Update
Some incredible things are happening in Clermont real estate values:
The bottom of our real estate market occurred in January of 2011. In that month, 65 homes sold in Clermont with an average price of $159,241 and took 123 days to sell. In that month, homes sold for $74 per sqft. Last month (January 2018), we saw 70 homes sold in Clermont with an average sold price of $265,007 and took 67 days to sell. Last month, homes in Clermont (34711) sold for $120.62 per sqft. Don't forget these numbers are averages. Close to half of the inventory is above and below these numbers.
Looking to the future, there is no way to know what to expect. Experts have been predicting a slow down in value increased for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened yet. It will happen eventually. The question is "when?"
Here is my opinion: We are anticipating a 30% increase in population in Central Florida between 2010 and 2030. Clermont and Lake County are on pace for that rate of growth. That means demand for our housing is and will remain high. That also means the tension between supply and demand will be healthy.
As long as the economy remains healthy, the only actor that could affect our housing values in the foreseeable future is interest rates. Right now, interest rates are in the low 4's. I think our market and our values are safe in the 5's. I think we begin to see a downturn if interest rates reach the 6's.
If you know someone who is thinking of buying or selling, I would love to have a conversation with them about the timing of their move and all of the factors that go into making that decision.
HOME-SELLING TIP If you are in a multiple-offer situation, don't just raise your offer. Raise your offer and write a heart-warming letter to the sellers so they have an emotional reason to say "yes" to your offer and not others. It works!
Median Price for Sale
Median Sold Price
(past 30 days)
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR
CLIENTS AND FRIENDS WHO
BOUGHT/SOLD HOMES IN December!
for the betterment of Greater Clermont.
- Partner: When we take on a client, we join their family and they join ours. We become servants to that family's goal and we won't stop until we have accomplished their goal. We care about them. We take care of them, like partners should.
- Families: Every client is on a family mission. Whether our client is married with lots of kids, single, retired, or 21 years old. Every person we talk to is envisioning a home where others can join them. Sometimes it's the pets, sometimes it's the humans, but it is always the family feeling they want to create in their next home. We love that.
- The Family Home: This is our niche. We really love being in conversation with families over their primary residence. We are able to help with investment real estate and vacant land. We do every year for several clients. But, our real joy is in landing the home that a couple has their heart set on for themselves.
- Betterment of Greater Clermont: I feel indebted to Clermont for providing a positive culture of family and safety in which Gina and I were able to raise our boys. On our Team we know that doing our work with love (partnering and caring) will introduce the right karma into the cumulative bank of trust in Clermont. We're doing our part to make Clermont the greatest city in which to live in all of Florida.
Thank you for your faith in us. We are always here to serve your family.
HOME-SELLING TIP The new tax plan does NOT eliminate your tax advantage for owning investment real estate. You just have to incorporate it. It's easy!
3513 Foxchase Dr
$319,000 5 bed/3.5 bath and 3,116 sqft
Big house with a beautiful back porch in a great neighborhood! Visit bit.ly/3513FoxchaseDr for more info and photos.
LOCAL MARKET UPDATE (December 2017)
- Median home price for sale: $279,990
- Median sold price last month: $256,950
- Median home price for sale: $248,700
- Median sold price last month: $238,950
- Median home price for sale: $259,900
- Median sold price last month: $213,950
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR
CLIENTS AND FRIENDS WHO
BOUGHT/SOLD HOMES IN November!
That number is the number of people who live under your roof. It doesn't matter if we've served 1,000 families. If we don't serve you well, then we're getting it wrong.
My goal at Hancock Real Estate is not to be #1 in Clermont, not to be the most profitable, not to be the most famous, and not to be the most prestigious. My goal is for Hancock Real Estate to be the most caring brokerage in Clermont. When it is time for you to move forward into the next phase of your life, we'll be here to care and to make sure you accomplish your goal.
HOME-SELLING TIP If you are thinking of buying, interest rates affect the amount of money you can borrow for your mortgage. The lower the rate, the more you can borrow. The higher the rate, the less you can borrow. Our preferred lender is telling us to expect 3 interest rate hikes next year.
16020 Horizon Ct
$259,900 4 bed/2.5 bath and 2,320 sqft
Beautifully maintained home with a brand new roof! Visit bit.ly/16020HorizonCt for more info and photos.
LOCAL MARKET UPDATE (November 2017)
- Median home price for sale: $279,000
- Median sold price last month: $245,000
- Median home price for sale: $228,000
- Median sold price last month: $224,500
- Median home price for sale: $264,900
- Median sold price last month: $219,820